South Dakota Mines Online: Current Student Resources

Register for Classes

Distance Education students register for courses using our registration system called Self-Service Banner.

Getting Started on Your Courses

The program coordinator and individual course instructors will assist you with questions you have about how to get started. Once a semester begins, it's important to get started on your program immediately, since you may have assignments in the first week of your course. 

Help Resolving Technical Issues

South Dakota Mines provides technical assistance for on and off-campus students. The How Do I webpage offered by Information Technology Services (ITS) offers answers for many questions. If you need technical help for Distance Education programs, our Get Technical Help webpage will provide contact information, hours, and other answers.

Help Resolving Complaints

The South Dakota Board of Regents, on behalf of the State of South Dakota, participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). “State authorization” means that a university, such as South Dakota Mines, is authorized to deliver educational programming via distance in the state for which authorization is held. A current list of states participating in SARA can be found here:​.

Students enrolled in a fully online program at South Dakota Mines who have a complaint pertaining to the program in which they are enrolled must go through the complaints process described by the Office of Graduate Education

Complainants who remain dissatisfied with the disposition of a complaint regarding a distance-delivered academic program may appeal to the SARA administrator at the South Dakota Board of Regents.  For details, please consult the SARA Complaint Procedures section of the South Dakota Board of Regents website.