Satisfactory Academic Progress & Private Aid

Aid sources not under the administrative control of the South Dakota Mines Financial Aid Office, whether grants, loans or scholarships, will generally have Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements that are similar to or stricter than what is required at South Dakota Mines. You should carefully review the materials provided to you by the organization or donor you are receiving assistance from to ensure that you are meeting their requirements for continued eligibility. Doing so will alleviate a lot of questions and misunderstanding later.

Be advised that many private sources of assistance expect institutions to use their own standards for determining Satisfactory Academic Progress. As a result, if no information is available to the contrary, South Dakota Mines will use the standards stated on the Satisfactory Academic Progress & Federal Student Aid web site.

Financial Aid CTA Banner

Always Here to Help

Financial aid is new territory for many students and their parents, and can some times be complex.

Please feel free to contact the South Dakota Mines Financial Aid Office if you have questions or need assistance on financial aid matters.