University Chemical Storeroom

The Campus Chemical Storeroom (EHS Storeroom) is here to help you with your laboratory, chemical, and hazardous waste needs. Chemical purchases are required by policy to be made through the Campus Chemical Storeroom.

Purchasing Forms


Campus Chemical Storeroom Ordering System

To place an order for Chemical, Biological or Radioactive Materials with EHS

Please click here

Want to review an existing order? Click here

Please email the storeroom ( if you have any questions.

Campus Hazardous Waste

  1. Complete Chemical Waste form at the following link: Chemical Waste Form
  2. Submit form electronically to the EHS Storeroom: (
  3. Chemical waste can be dropped off during University Storeroom hours or pick-up time will be scheduled. 
  4. For a laboratory clean-out of more than 10 chemicals, before completing forms please contact the EHS Storeroom ( ) .

Campus Chemical Inventory System

Chemical Inventory System Procedure:

  1. All chemicals that enter the South Dakota Mines property must have a barcode provided by the Campus Chemical Storeroom Coordinator or designee.
  2. If a chemical is located within a packaging can, the Campus Chemical Storeroom Coordinator or designee will provide two barcode labels. The first label will be placed on the can while the second label will be placed on the bottle by the chemical owner once the can is opened.
  3. When the chemical is all gone, take the barcode label off the bottle prior to disposing of bottle. Place the label on the designated form found in your laboratory or department office. Ask your lab manager or department secretary for additional information, if you are unaware of the location of the form. The bar code labels will be provided to the Campus Chemical Storeroom Coordinator for disposal within inventory system by designated personnel.


  • Dial 911
    (from campus phone system: dial 9-911)
  • Call Campus Safety:
    (605) 394-6100
  • EMERGENCY Webpage
    provides procedures and emergency updates